• Shushing-anything from lots of SHHHHHH sounds, to a hair dryer or vacuum running, to a white noise machine)
• Side lying -simply laying on the side either in your arms or on their bed in a solid suface, carfully propped so they won’t roll onto their front)
• Swinging-eitherin your arms or the car seat or a swing on the cradle setting)
• Swaddling-swaddle ’em up good and tight. Your baby may fight it but they secretly love it. Its discerning for a newborn to have arms and legs flailing)
• Sucking-either on the breast, a pacifier or even your clean finger will do
Sometimes you may only need one of these Ss, sometimes you may need only a few or even all 5. These tricks work great, until your baby is about 3 months or so.